Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Miss Faiths Progress..




I know this picture is very disturbing...I apologize, however I am hoping to encourage maybe even one person. This picture is of Faith after one of her baths in the "dip" that came so HIGHLY recommended by a so-called-vet. Advising us to NEVER miss a dip if we wanted her to get better. Then we found out it wasn't sarcoptic mange and decided to discontinue the "dip". and this is what happened....


She is doing very well....yes still very bald in some spots but they tell us the mites are dying!!! This weekend we have to take her in for another shot....and more shots to come...but she is so alive and energetic. My advice would be to always get a second opinion and to always ask questions if you don't understand. If you think for one minute mange is not treatable....or that you have to euthanize your animal....please...think again.

5 comments:

Tina. said...

She looks so much better and I am so glad the treatment is working! We are all still praying for her! Say a prayer for Aunt Rose as she is on her way to meet "emilio" who may be on his way to his new home if all goes well!

Anonymous said...

Well, as Tina knows, Emilio's needs are more than I can give him at this point. However I am so glad you stepped up to take care of Miss Faith's needs! She looks like quite a lady!!

The Princess said...

Happy dogs on thursday!

A second opinion is always a good idea for our pups! I'm glad to see and hear that she is improving!! -Krystle

Sue said...

I'm so glad she's doing better.

dogquilter said...

Poor Faith I'm glad she's feeling better and hope she is fully recovered soon.