Thursday, August 6, 2009

New Beginings....

Talk about stepping out of a "comfort zone"!

This week has been something else!

I started a new job on Monday...and I absolutely love it! There is a lot of freedom with this job. Most people can't...Make or take phone calls while working....or take the kids or Husband to work with you......or switch shifts when something comes up......or even take a night off whenever they feel overwhelmed. On top of that...most people can't get the satifaction of brightening someones day or putting a smile on their face while at work. I get to do all these things and make good money!! I am BLESSED!

I got married on August 5, 2009 to my BEST friend. I have never met a more understanding, supportive, caring, or true man. We have been dating for 2 years and 3 months and FINALLY we were able to get married. The only thing ever holding us back was a lack of funds. I know I know.....why did we let that happen? I refuse to even offer an excuse....because you would have to be in our situation to understand. However....Thank you to my StepDad and Mom....we were able to finally make our commitment to each other in GODS eyes. Thank you Mom and Philip for making this happen quicker than we could have!!! I am BLESSED!!!

On Saturday August 8, 2009 my oldest child will be taking the same vows before a lot of people and GOD. I couldn't stand this man when he first came into the picture, as I am sure EVERYONE knows. (I don't keep things bottled up inside...I have a way of letting people know I am bothered) ;) However in the 2 years they have dated, Joe has proved himself and I have believe in second chances. I couldn't have hand-picked a better man for my daughter!!! He is awesome to her and likewise she is to him. I wish them all the happiness in the world! So as far as Son-In-Laws..... again....I am BLESSED!!!

P.S. I will be posting pictures of BOTH weddings ASAP ;)
P.S.S Take a moment this week....And concentrate on YOUR blessings and remember to thank GOD for them!!!

4 comments:

Tina. said...

Awesome post and all I can add is Amen!

Rose said...

Got to stop by and say "Congratulations" to you and Rick!! I'm glad you tied the knot, took the plunge, shucks... got married! :-) Very happy for you. Happy also for your sweet daughter! Conrats to them too!

Sunny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunny said...

Wonderful post Gwen... I am so glad you are able to see God's hand in your life and His goodness to you and your family. Looking forward to seeing those pictures!